Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Here's Mom Wishing Lizzy a Happy Birthday

Some of a Mom's favorite pics of baby #4. January 2, 2000



Lizzy named her pacifiers "cha chas", we have no idea why. But here she has 2!




This picture shows how fearless she is. She's not looking down to see where she'll land, but out, to see where she is! I love this


Lizzy has a great ear and loves music. Here she is singing with her Nana Shep.



It was December 1999, and everyone kept asking me, "don't you want your baby to be born on New Year's, the first day of the new milennium?" Are you kidding? Everybody seemed so freaked out, preparing for some techno-glitch to happen world-wide. I want to have my baby when fear seemed to be determining what people did with their money and possessions and even stocking up on food? It was strange.

We quietly waited for Elizabeth Ann. Derrick, Alex, Dex and Emma. And our families.

We were trusting God's timing.

I did have a bad cold however. New Year's Day came and went. She wasn't due until the 7th. But January 2nd arrived, with contractions and a plugged nose. I couldn't breathe! I do remember Derrick swapping digital video camera stories with the anesthesiologist and my demanding to give me some attention, in the form of an epidural! It was a Sunday morning, and as usual, my folks chose to abandon anything they were doing, to be there. Even 6 year old Alex was there to welcome Lizzy.

She was our tiniest blessing at 7 lbs. 6 oz. Dr Eckel brought her to Derrick, saying she looked like a little Baby Burrito. She was so cute. I think Derrick and Alex held her before I did, then when I could finally get my hands on her, she started crying! "Daddy's for play, Mommy's for food" was always Derrick's saying. He had them for the fun part.

A 4th blessing, a little sister for 2 year old Emma. Busy Lizzy has been one wild ride for this mom, but I can't imagine life without her, and don't want to!

We love you little Lizzard.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy